PROVINCIAL Police Commanders (PPC) and the Senior Executive of the Royal Solomon Islands Police Force (RSIPF) are participating in the three-day National Security Strategy (NSS) Summit being held in Honiara 20 – 22 August 2019.
The opening of the official program was held at the National Museum Auditorium in Honiara with the theme “Excelling together toward building a Prosperous, Safe and Secure Solomon Islands”. The Police Band of the RSIPF also took part during the official opening program
The Summit is to validate the draft National Security Strategy. It is attended by Government Ministries and agencies, provincial government representatives, non-government organizations, representatives of Chiefs, State-Owned Enterprises, donor partners and other stakeholders.
Supervising Commissioner of Police, Juanita Matanga is expected to present on the work that the Royal Solomon Islands Police Force (RSIPF) is doing to keep the Solomon Islands safe and secure during the Summit.
The goals of the National Security Strategy are:
- Protect our national defense and internal security;
- Secure the country’s borders and territory;
- Develop information security and cybersecurity;
- Strengthen government institutions and capabilities;
- Combat Corruption in our society;
- Strengthen the justice system;
- Promote prosperity through a strong and stable economy;
- Develop the nation’s infrastructure;
- Safeguard the nation’s natural resources and environment and confront climate change;
- Respond to threats, crises, and disasters;
- Promote a healthy and prosperous population;
- Protect the rights of all citizens; and
- Protect our maritime security.