THE Royal Solomon Islands Police Force (RSIPF) and Australian Federal Police (AFP) sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) today, 23 April 2018 at Rove Police Headquarters.
RSIPF Commissioner, Matthew Varley says, “The signing of the MOU is for a much closer cooperation between AFP and RSIPF.” The cooperation is for:
- Information sharing in all areas of law enforcement;
- Coordinated operations across all transnational crime types and priority criminal issues;
- Strengthening and consolidating existing cooperative networks between the Participants; and
- Cooperative assistance in the field of capacity building and professional development.
Deputy Commissioner of AFP Leanne Close APM says, “This MOU will enhance relationships at both the working and executive levels of the RSIPF and AFP.”
The priority criminal issues under this MOU are:
- Illicit drugs;
- Trafficking (in all forms) of persons;
- Transnational sex offences;
- Corruption and foreign bribery;
- Illegal firearms trafficking;
- Terrorism and any and all forms of illegal activities related to terrorism;
- Money laundering;
- Transnational economic crime and asset tracing;
- Identity fraud; and
- Other issues as mutually determined by the Participants.