BY ALEX DADAMU
Band Horizon’s leading female vocalist and one of the country’s best female vocalist has been reported to be very ill and is in dire need of blood donation.
According to Band Horizon’s Manager and Chairman of Honiara Bands Association (HBA) Benjamin Afuga, Caroline Isa popularly known as ‘Caro’ is currently admitted at the NRH’s medical ward and is really in need of blood.
“This appeal goes out to all relatives, friends and fellow musicians to donate blood to help save Caro, our best live on stage vocalist.
“Caro has represented the country on numerous occasions regionally as a musician,” Mr. Afuga said.
Caro made her mark in the music scene locally and regionally as one of country’s best female vocalist four years ago in 2016 with her original reggae style of music.
Time and again, many regional and international fans has confused Caro for a Jamaican female reggae artist because of her style and use of reggae genre which gives an authentic sound to her music.
According to Mr. Afuga, Caroline’s blood type is AB, however, he stated that according to NRH Blood Bank, anyone can donate any blood type. The blood bank will replace the donated blood with other blood type.
“Your prayers are also needed in this difficult time for Caro,” Mr. Afuga appealed to the public.
In the meantime, here are some simple measures by the Blood Bank unit should anyone wish to Donate blood for Caro.
1. Eat first before coming to donate blood.
2. Drink a lot of water or stay hydrated
3. Do not smoke an hour before donating blood.
4. If you on medication within the last two weeks do not turn up to donate blood .
5. If you drink alcohol last night please don’t donate blood.
6. If you have any tattoos and have treatment for STI within the past 12 months please dont donate blood.
7. If you pregnant now or within the past 6 weeks please don’t donate blood.
8. If you have Diabetes or other underlying health condition, don’t donate blood.
9. You must be 100% sure you’re healthy before going for a blood donation.